Mid Century Dresser UPDATE!

Remember this beauty? 
Read about how we met here.

I have an exciting update about her.

Soon after I brought her home and fixed her up, I was scouring the internet for information about her value. I found a lot of information about the Bassett Furniture Company, its' reputation, and the types of cool mid century furniture it produced in the 50's and 60's. 

Then I stumbled upon this picture:
I couldn't believe it - it's the exact same dresser. It had already been sold, and no price was listed, so I emailed the owner of Phylum Furniture to ask what he sold it for. I was kind of expecting a brush off, or something like, "we can't disclose that information for the privacy of the buyer, blah blah," but Mike couldn't have been nicer. He quickly responded with a congratulations on my find. The dresser had been sold for $360, but he added that it was sold for a low price and he has seen them sell for much more than that! If you're in the market for beautifully restored mid-century furniture, or just want to drool over a few pieces, you must visit Mike's site!

Regardless of her value, this girl is staying in my home.

I have fixed her up a bit with a good cleaning, Restore A Finish and Feed N Wax (both by Howard). This really brought out a beautiful rich color and shine. 

And I can't tell you how perfectly she fits right here. 
P.S. and apparently my Father-in-law owned the same or similar dresser back in the day...

6 comments:

  1. You and your father in law crack me up! I think it's beautiful! So many people take these beautiful pieces and paint them up. Not that they are bad but when it stands alone, it can be just as beautiful!

    Jaye @ Just Tryin' to Make Cents of it All
    http://justtryintomakecentsofitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dresser is so beautiful! I really love it! There is something fun about vintage furniture! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dresser! Visiting from YHL. :)

    Shannon @ Fabulously Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon. I love it too. LOVE. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. What color restore a finish did you use? I'm looking to use it on a MCM find of my own and I'm not sure what color to get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used Dark Walnut. Good luck with yours. It's great to find a good MCM piece to restore & love. Send me a link if you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS