The $8 Chair

If you recall, I stumbled upon two chairs at a thrift store, just begging to be re-done and given a second chance. I tackled the first one right away:


 I decided to hold off on the second chair. No combination of paint color and fabric thrilled me. Eventually inspiration strikes, usually when I'm trying to go to sleep at night and my mind continues working. That's when I came up with the perfect solution for this guy:


I didn't want to paint it. I like the worn look of the wood, particularly after it was washed and years of dirt came off. 

So here's what I came up with:


 I kept it simple and used material from an old denim skirt I found in my closet.



I am so in love with this chair.
And the sweet Christmas pillow from Target?! So stinkin' cute!



Linking up with Carmel at Our Fifth House!

and

Thrifty Decor Chick!

TDC Before and After

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS